To create a bio-inspired nanosystem platform that is capable of:
- Performing ultra-sensitive detection
- Monitoring bimolecular behavior at single molecular level
- Generating and transmitting ionic current for information processing
- Simulate complicated cellular function such as action potential, etc.
- First demonstration of in vitro reconstitution of action potential; will be an excellent platform to test biological signal processing hypotheses
- Provide a model system to study how information contained in spatially and temporally distributed chemical and electrical signals is ordered to achieve meaning
- A guide to engineering intelligent materials and systems that actively interact with the environment with applications in informatics, chemical refining, energy, and health care, etc.
- Physical engineering of a single unit of hybrid system
- Production and functional study of proteins
- Controlled assembly of proteins using functionalized beta-sheet peptide
- Fabrication, characterization and measurement of solid-state nanopore
- Patterned polymeric growth
- Integrate arrays of hybrid system units to generate a multiplex platform
Share this page